The Queensland First Home Owners’ Grant is a state government initiative to help first home owners to get their new first home sooner. You’ll get $15,000 towards building your new house, it’s a great opportunity to build a new home in our great state.
To be eligible for the grant:
– You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident (or applying with someone who is).
– You or your spouse must not have previously owned property in Australia.
– You must be at least 18 years of age.
– You must be buying or building a brand new home, valued under $750,000.
– You must move into the new home as your principle place of residence within 1 year of completion and live there for at least 6 months.
What is the Queensland First Home Owners’ Grant?
In 2016, the Queensland Government increased its grant for first home owners who are buying or building a new home. Previously known as the Great Start Grant, those eligible will receive a one-off payment of $15,000.
It is available for eligible transactions dated on or after 1 July 2018.
Can I get the Queensland First Home Owners’ Grant if I buy an established home?
No. The $15,000 grant is only available for newly constructed or substantially renovated homes purchased on or after 1 July 2018.